- Apply the dye to the fabric by dipping into a dye bath, stencilling, brushing, sponging, screen printing, block printing etc.
- Leave design to dry completely.
- Apply liquid batik dye fixer with a brush, plastic spreader or piece of card ensuring that the design is completely covered.
- Place in a sealed plastic bag and leave for a minimum of 2 hours or over night. (Do not allow the fixer to dry on the fabric.
- Remove fabric from the bag and rinse well several times until the water becomes clear. This ensures removal of all surplus dye and fixer.
- Wring out and leave to dry, then iron.
- Launder in the usual way.
For wax resist
- Create design on fabric with a soft pencil.
- Draw over the design with wax.
(Because this is a cold dyeing system, it is ideal for use with waxes such as soy wax which is easily removable after use).
- Once the wax has hardened, apply the dye as in the method above.
- Once the dye method is complete, remove the wax